If you are looking for a quick salmon recipe but one that is delicious, this salmon is sure to please! You can make the spice mixture ahead of time and have crowd pleasing dinner on the table in less than 15 minutes. Serve with a lemon crème fraîche or a little homemade guacamole to add richness to the salmon!
- 4 4-ounce Verlasso salmon fillets, about 1 inch thick
- 6 cups cauliflower and/or broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika or sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Lemon slices (optional)
- Thaw fish if frozen.
- Preheat broiler.
- Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- Place cauliflower (and/or broccoli) in a large microwave-safe bowl; add 2 tablespoons water. Cover with vented plastic wrap. Microwave on High for 2 minutes; drain.
- Combine paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, cumin and pepper in a small bowl. Transfer half (about 1 1/2 tablespoons) of the spice mixture to a large piece of waxed paper. Gently roll fish fillets in spice mixture to coat. Toss drained vegetables with remaining spice mixture in a large bowl.
- Coat the bottom of a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Place fish fillets on one side of the pan and vegetables on other side. Turn under any thin portions of fish to make uniform thickness. Coat tops of fish with cooking spray.
- Broil fish and vegetables 4 inches from the heat for 8 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork and vegetables are crisp-tender, carefully turning fish and stirring vegetables once halfway through broiling.
- If desired, serve salmon with lemon slices.