Verlasso Salmon Tartare on Kettle Chips
This salmon tartare is a beautiful and simple way to serve your favorite salmon. Be sure to freeze the salmon filet, tightly wrapped in plastic wrap for at least 8 hours. Thaw slightly and chop while firm! We love serving it on potato chips but crackers, toasts or wonton chips are equally delicious!
- 1 pound Verlasso Salmon Filet, skin and pin bones removed
- 1 teaspoon pink peppercorns, lightly cracked
- ¼ cup mirin
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons chopped chives
- Fresh radish sprouts for garnish
- Kettle chips
- Dice the fish by first slicing in ¼-inch slices. Next, cut those slices into ¼-inch strips and lastly into ¼-inch cubes. Place the diced fish into a medium mixing bowl. Add the peppercorn, mirin, soy sauce, and chives. Pour the dressing over the fish and mix well, but gently, to incorporate all of the ingredients.
- The tartare is ready to eat immediately, but can hold up to 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Place the tartar in a large bowl and lay the radish sprouts over the top for garnish. Serve on artisanal kettle potato chips!