Verlasso Salmon and Dill Holiday Dip
This is a simple, delicious way to greet guests as they walk through the door. A cooks dream because it can be made out of leftover Verlasso salmon (We love using cedar planked Verlasso salmon for a slightly smoky flavor) and can be made up to two days ahead. Bring to room temperature for about an hour and adjust the seasonings before serving!
Yields approx. 1 ½ cups
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 ½ teaspoons prepared horseradish, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces cooked Verlasso salmon, minced
- Cream the cheese in an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment until just smooth. Add the sour cream, lemon juice, dill, horseradish, salt and pepper, and mix. Gently fold in the cooked salmon. Chill and serve with seasonal vegetables and artisanal crackers or brown bread.